Real-Time PCR (qPCR) (Module#-Basics)- Hands on
- 2 days (3 days can be customized)
- Course fee
- Real-time PCR technology required by different research and laboratory areas including biomedicine, microbiology, veterinary science, agriculture, pharmacology, biotechnology, and toxicology.
- This course is intended for all experienced users of conventional PCR who plan to start with real-time PCR, as well as users who would like to learn more about the background, applications, and optimization e.g. scientists, Ph.D. students, biological and medical technicians.
- This course is developed for laboratory technicians involved in the life sciences laboratories, medical diagnostics, microbiology, genetics, pathology, immunology, etc.
- Scientists who want to use this quantitative technology in research or diagnostics.
Topics to be covered with this training includes:
- Real-Time PCR –Introduction.
- Principles of Reverse Transcription (RT).
- Applications of Real-Time PCR: applications when working with DNA, RNA.
- Real-Time PCR: Understanding Ct
- One-Step vs Two-Step
- TaqMan vs SYBR Chemistry
- Assay design
- Software set up and data analysis, data interpretation.
- Basic instrument maintenance
- Reaction Setup.
- Analysis of results and reporting.
Objectives and Expected Results
- Explain the basic steps involved in qPCR
- Identify the components of PCR, reverse transcription qPCR.
- Recognize the characteristics of real-time PCR
- Identify the techniques used to detect products in real-time PCR
- Differentiate the nucleic acid quantification processes used in real-time PCR
- Ability to analyze results.
Others Training Materials
- Workshop, Sheets, and case studies paper will be conducted and implemented during training.
- Documentary Videos will be presented.